Re: Copy to network UNC path from crontab works in non-production, not in production

On 5/11/2011 8:50 PM, CygwinNoob wrote:

cygwin 1.7.7-1 Windows 2008 64-bit

I have a script that I am trying to run from cron that copies a local file
on a Windows 2008 server to a UNC path on another Windows 2008 server.  It
works fine in a non-Production environment, but not in Production and I
can't figure out why.  Yes, I've dutifully searched the forum and looked at

http://cygwin.com/faq/faq-nochunks.html#faq.using.shares
http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html

The answer is not popping out at me. What I'm doing is basically this:

cp a.a \\\\server-name\\sharename

What I get in Production is:

cp: cannot create regular file `//server-name/sharename': File exists

So what's the difference between your "Production" and "non-Production" environments? What exactly are you doing in both environments?

FWIW, you're better off using forward-slashes for pathnames in Cygiwn
(i.e. //server-name/sharename).

--
Larry