Re: Updated: mintty-1.0.1-1

On 26 July 2011 13:12, Warren Young wrote:
> On 7/24/2011 1:45 PM, Andy Koppe wrote:
>>
>> I'm very happy to announce the release of mintty 1.0.
>
> Congratulations!

Thanks very much! (And sorry for forgetting to reply sooner.)

> MinTTY is a big step forward in Cygwin. ÂThank you!
>
> Does this mean it's "done" now? Â:)

Well, it does everything I wanted it to do, and quite a bit more, so
in a way, yes. Many people would disagree though:

http://code.google.com/p/mintty/issues

Trouble is, I've got much less time to spend on mintty than I used to,
so while I'll try to continue fixing bugs and answering questions
quickly, enhancements will be slow work. Patches welcome, thoughtfully
considered, and liable to get completely mangled to fit my idea of
what mintty code should look like.

Andy