Re: SSHD Issue Windows 2003 64 bit

Doing a 'set -x' in my terminal window only outputted:
'+ssh-host-config' with no other information.

Here is the actual "path" value inside the 'path' variable in my case:
C:\Perl\site\bin;C:\Perl\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Support
Tools\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Resource
Kits\Tools\;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\system32\WBEM;c:\Program
Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin;C:\usr\bin

Attached is the cygcheck.out ran by "cygcheck -s -v -r >
cygcheck.out".  There is a warning stating that there are multiple
cygwin1.dll files in my path, I check and there are only one after
grepping it out:
-rwxr-xr-x 1 Administrator Administrators 2666500 Mar 29 08:11 cygwin1.dll

Thanks for your help!

> On 8/19/2011 5:53 PM, Gary wrote:
>>
>> I've re-installed cygwin on a fresh virtual machine (offline install)
>> and have tried running:
>> 'ssh-host-config' -- still no echo from the terminal
>
> Typing 'set -x' into the 'bash' shell before running the above might provide
> some helpful debugging feedback info for you.
>
>> 'cygrunsrv -S sshd' ?-- cygrunsrv: Error starting a
>> service:OpenService: ?Win32 error 1060:The specified service does not
>> exist as an installed service.
>> 'net start sshd' -- the service name is invalid. ?More help is
>> available by typing NET HELPMSG 2185.
>
> Not surprising since 'ssh-host-config' didn't run/run correctly.
>
>> My environment variables below:
>> Variable:Home
>> Value: C:\
>
> Remove HOME. ?You don't need it.
>
>> Variable: Path
>> Value: C:\cygwin\bin
>
> You should have a little more than just this. ?Windows system paths should
> also be in there. ?Did you edit the path?
>
>> Variable:TEMP
>> Value: %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temp
>> Variable:TMP
>> Value: %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temp
>
> Remove these.
>
>> I have re-created the passwd file and group file via our previous
>> conversations. ?What other steps could I take to ensure SSHD to run as
>> a service on Windows Server 2003 r2 64bit? ?Any other ideas?
>
> I don't have time to check through the archives to see if we've been
> over this route but it seems to me like we need to look at your
> configuration. ?Read and follow the instructions found at this link:
>
> <http://cygwin.com/problems.html>
>
> --
> Larry

Gary Phelps