Re: problem with ownership on samba mounted file systems after cygwin upgrade

On 9/12/2011 3:08 PM, Eric S. Johnson wrote:
Ive looked around the archives and the FAQ's. I can't seem to
figure this out. I must be missing some simple clue here.

I have some windows XP clients of a samba server. I recently
upgraded one from cygwin 1.5(ish?) to cygwin 1.7 latests.

On the upgraded system ls/getfcal seems to think all the
files on the server are owned by "nobody" (4294967295).

Try mounting the SAMBA server directory and using the 'noacl' option for that mount point. See the Users Guide for details on setting up a new mount point in Cygwin 1.7. Be careful not to mount the SAMBA server directory under /cgdrive.

--
Larry