Re: How do I run a program compiled in cygwin from a program that is running in a Windows CMD shell?

LMH <lmh_users-groups <at> molconn.com> writes:

> <snip>
> It seems like a cross compiled c app to launch your child process would
> be more portable, but I will look at the perl more closely later. I'm
> off to the dentist for now, fun, fun, fun.

Well, on a different machine, I installed cygwin fresh, including the mingw
development tools for the 64 bit target, but that did not bring any joy: when
the resulting test executible is invoked in a windows CMD session, it
complained it could not find "libgcc_s_sjhj-1.dll", and in a bash session, it
ends without any output (which means it dies before the extensive output is
generated, but without producing messages about exceptions or any reason why
the program died.

Are these cross compilers mature?  I would think that if they produce binaries
that need libgcc_s_sjhj-1.dll, it, or whatever package that contains it, would
be identified as something the cross compilers depend on.  I do know that that
dll is not to ne found on any of my machines.

I guess I may have to live with the cygwin/bin directory being added at the
end of the PATH environmental variable.

Thanks

Ted