Re: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

On 9/30/2011 5:33 PM, Marc Girod wrote:

marco atzeri-4 wrote:

Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html so at least we have an idea of your system

in addition, have you checked
http://cygwin.com/faq/faq.using.html#faq.using.bloda

Antivirus and driver are the most likely culprits.

Yes, I know both pages...
Maybe you are right and I have a *problem* which I ought the *report*.
But that's not exactly the way I was looking at it.

Marc

yeah, I understand, some time I have the same view.

My experience is that using the standard "problem report" improve the
chance to correctly identify the root cause and reduce the number of
guess that everyone could have.

You can also try a cygwin snapshots
http://cygwin.com/snapshots/

there are some recent improvements that seem real effective
in particular fork cases.

Regards
Marco