Re: cyglsa authentication package deactvation

On Oct  6 12:18, layr wrote:

> Hello,
> I have been using LSA package, but it wouldn't let me delete the cygwin
> folder.
> Error:
> The action can't be completed because the file is open in CNG key isolation.
>
> How to deactivate LSA package?

- Start regedit.  Open the REG_MULTI_SZ value

- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\Authentication Packages

- Remove ONLY the path containing cyglsa, for instance
  "C:\cygwin\bin\cyglsa\cyglsa.dll".

- DO NOT REMOVE ANY OTHER STRING FROM "Authentication Packages".

- Especially, DO NOT REMOVE "msv1_0".  If you do that, you're in trouble.

- Before closing regedit, double check that the "Authentication Packages"
  value still contains at least the string "msv1_0".

- Sure?

- Really sure?

- Really, really, really sure?

- Exit regedit.