Re: no output vim and wget

Neusbeer wrote:

> Hello,
>
> just today something changed in my installation.
> but can't figure out what's wrong.
> when I type wget or vim it responses with nothing just a linebreak.
> Can somebody help me.
> I did some updating this week with setup.exe and got a kinda messed up
> /etc/profile
>
> here cygcheck rapport: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4378489/cygcheck.txt
>
> I use cygwin now for month or 6, and it could be that a lot of things
> are messed up ;-)
> Still learning.. grinn..
>
> -Neusbeer
>

> --

Try
  cygcheck vim

Make sure that you export PATH
and that it contains all necessary  cygwin's  (and mightbe windoze's) paths.
Your cygcheck.txt looks good up to possibly "L:" and "C:\WINDOWS.0\...."
Also try reverting to standart minimal PATH or put all unusual paths
to the end (including /usr/local/... and stuff like Hacking).

If that fails, try 'depends', or start plain windows cmd console, and try
  set PATH=c:\cygwin\bin;c:\cygwin\usr\bin    (plus nothing more or
something, or ;%PATH%)
  gvim          (gvim, not vim )
  wget
Outside of cygwin, windows might report missing DLL's.

Does this help?

Salvage your /etc/profile from /etc/defaults/etc/profile