Re: Contributing license information?

Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 04:27:17PM +1100, Luke Kendall wrote:
Those are further reasons I think it's more elegant to add the license info to the setup.ini file. But is the setup.ini creation currently automated? If so there will be some occasions where the license info can't be automatically updated (and will require some human thought to fill in details).

What do you think?

I'm not interested in trying to figure out an automated way to add
a new field to setup.ini

I don't know enough about setup.ini to understand why that's hard (my script can already do it), but I accept it.

and I'm not interested in modifying setup.exe
to deal with the new field.

Although it sounds easy to me (since the info's not for setup and so setup should ignore the extra info), I don't know how setup's written, and you're the boss, so what you say, goes!

One of the above is a showstopper so you're going to have to do what
others have suggested and put the information in the packages.

cgf

Okay, that's blunt but quite clear. So we'll go ahead with the other approach.

luke