Re: tetex-tiny bug

On 11/28/2011 3:50 AM, Peter Rosin wrote:
Ryan Johnson skrev 2011-11-25 17:53:
On 25/11/2011 11:48 AM, Peter Rosin wrote:
Ryan Johnson skrev 2011-11-25 17:38:
On 25/11/2011 10:48 AM, Peter Rosin wrote:
It's been a couple of years since I fixed this [1] on my old
computer, and now I had to fix it on the new one. Can someone
please fix the tetex-tiny package?
My understanding is that tetex has not been maintained in years (neither cygwin nor upstream) and that we should all be using TexLive (cygwin-aware) or possibly MikTex (Windows native) at this point. My life has certainly become simpler since I realized this.
Great, but where's the TexLive Cygwin maintainer? Are you volunteering?

That would be the good folks at http://www.tug.org/texlive/. Their unix
installer is cygwin-aware out of the box, or they have a native Windows
version if you prefer.

I prefer to install Cygwin software with setup.exe, which is what a "Cygwin maintainer" provides, so I guess the good folks fail to deliver.

Also, I'm sure TeX Live also sports a dependency or two that I would
have to install, and maintain, manually.

I realize that the discussion of TeX Live is tangential to your request, but I just want to correct this assertion for the sake of other people who might want to install a modern TeX system on Cygwin. TeX Live supports many unix-like systems, including Cygwin, OOTB; nothing else needs to be installed or maintained.

Ken