Re: Understanding versions of apps in cygwin suite

On 12/3/2011 5:26 AM, Andrew Hancock wrote:
According to http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=30309 , a bug
with octave's wavread function was fixed in octave 3.2.3.  My "cygcheck -cvs"
shows an octave of 3.4.2, but I still get the bug.  I was wondering if it is
wise to assume that the app version number from cygcheck is the same as the
version number from the gnu site?

Hi Andrew

in general the cygwin packages are aligned with upstream versions,
eventually with additional patches.
Octave package 3.4.2-3 is aligned with upstream 3.4.2.
http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2011-10/msg00001.html

I guess you have some problem on your octave package,
and you can also check the version with:

$ /usr/bin/octave --version
GNU Octave, version 3.4.2

and on my system:

octave:2> Y = wavread("oddchunk.wav")

is working fine as expected.
If you have problem with a different example file, than
please rise the problem on octave bug system or send me by
private mail your file, and I will check against the development
build.

If your version is not 3.4.2-3, close all cygwin programs
and re-install octave.

Regards
Marco