RE: Will win32 style paths ever work in mksh on cygwin?

Chris Sutcliffe sent the following at Thursday, December 01, 2011 2:17 PM
>Fundamentally, Cygwin has been pushing the use of POSIX paths for quite
>some time (in fact it warns you when it encounters a DOS / Windows
>path).  As has been pointed out, many Cygwin utilities support DOS /
>Windows paths (likely for historical reasons I suspect), but mksh will
>not.

To expand on the above, as I understand it, the reason cygwin understands
Windows PATHs is so one can use Cygwin utilities in a cmd.exe prompt or
in batch files.  See also
<http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#pathnames-win32>.
Please consider whether cygpath might be of use:
<man cygpath>
<http://cygwin.com/faq/faq-nochunks.html#faq.using.converting-paths>
<http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-utils.html#cygpath>

- Barry