Re: Unable to install Cygwin on Windows XP: the actual messages.

marco atzeri <marco.atzeri <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On 12/8/2011 11:40 AM, Helio C. Bortolon wrote:
> > Dear colleagues,
> >

> > Pressing 'retry', the window keeps refreshing continuously. Pressing
> > 'continue' leads to a hang in the process, and canceling it leads to:
> >
> > ""Cannot open log file D:\"Documents and
> > Settings"\CXZH/var/log/setup.log for writing""
> >

> do not install in a directory with space in the name like
> "Documents and  Settings"
>
> Try using the standard
> D:\cygwin

> Regards
> Marco

Wonderful! It worked fine. I had to find another point to install, but
everything is going on now.

There was a message complaining about the spaces in the very beginning, but the
process seemed to disregard it. I got fooled.

I hope I will get the X working by this week, after this I will no more use
Windows ports of Linux apps.

Thank you very much.