Re: GNU Emacs 23.3.1 problem with 20111213 snapshot

On 12/15/2011 12:56 PM, Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:
On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 8:02 AM, Ken Brown wrote:

I just tried to reproduce your problem using the 20111214 snapshot, and I
couldn't.  My system is different, however (Windows 7).  In addition, I'm
running a pretest of emacs 24.1 rather than 23.3.  Could you see if you
still have the problem with the 20111214 snapshot (and with emacs started
with the `-Q' option)?  If so, I'll try to duplicate your situation.

Thanks for testing, Ken. I updated to the 1214 snapshot and the problem *seems* to be gone. It may be worth backing down to the 1213 snapshot to see if you can reproduce that problem, it may return if it's not understood.

Just to make sure we're talking about the same thing, here's what I did:  I
ran emacs under X, and it started in the *GNU Emacs* buffer.  I did a
reverse search for "emacs" and kept pressing control-r, so that the search
wrapped around and kept wrapping.  I probable pressed control-r 20 or 30
times.

That's pretty much what I did.

By the way, does the problem occur only under X, or can you reproduce it
with emacs running in the Cygwin Terminal (mintty)?

I did not try within mintty, though I guess I could, I'd have to go back to the 1213 snapshot.

I don't think it's worth the trouble, unless the problem comes back.

Ken