Re: setting up a xdmcp to ubuntu 11.10 w/lightdm

On 1/25/2012 1:58 AM, Scott Webster Wood wrote:
Does anyone know how to configure cygwin to do xdmcp to the new ubuntu
11.10? It appears to have swapped out the old gdm for lightdm. I found the
conf option that supposedly turns it on to listen for xdmcp and see an entry
in the lightdm log that says xdmcp reception is enabled but when I try to
connect with the same old command I used to use to connect to the gdm
connection, it doesn't work. What might I be missing? I can't even get a
response on port 6000. Does it need a hosts.allow entry or something and if
so what is the syntax for lightdm? I checked for iptables but it showed
nothing enabled/disabled - is there some other firewall running in the newer
ubuntu dists?

Cygwin X questions are best directed to the cygwin-xfree list.

-- Larry