Re: base-files 4.0-9: LANG is set to the system default, why not the user selection?

Mike Kaganski skrev 2012-02-16 14:37:
> Then you seem to just mock at the maintainer. It's not too polite. Yes, it would be desirable if this effect (and the proposed steps to fix it for those who already use this package) would be noted in the release advertisement. Yes, sometimes even a maintainer may make mistakes on their maintained stuff. But if you have some objections or proposals, it's better to simply say so to people who devote their time and knowledge to us. And append "thank you" in the end.

Hi Mike,

Look, I was asking honest questions.  I was giving David a chance to
correct himself, in a case where I wasn't completely sure what was right
and wrong, but my gut told me that I was right.  Then you jumped in with
snide remarks that I should "pay attention".  To something that happened
eons ago!  When it was apparent that I already believed the thing I should
pay attention to, and was just questioning something that contradicted it!
Then I had a more thorough look at things and confirmed my gut reaction.
In my eagerness to respond to your snideness I probably misrepresented
things so that it seemed like I knew from the start what was going on.

So, David, I apologize if I have offended you and it is perhaps best if
everybody just forgets everything that has happened in this thread since
Mike appeared in it.

Cheers,
Peter