Re: Both versions of Perl (5.10 and 5.14) DLL collision on XP Pro, rebase does not work - serious problem with latest Cygwin base Release - 1.7.11-1

On 3/8/2012 1:21 AM, scott wrote:
On Wed, 7 Mar 2012 16:54:36 +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Mar 7 09:30, Kelly, Brian wrote:
On two systems I tested this on, the latest cygwin base release breaks
both releases of Perl. The problem appears to be some type of DLL
collision with some types of compiled Perl modules on Windows XP
Professional. Below is a simple example using the Data::Dump::Streamer
module:

use Data::Dump::Streamer; my $out=`ls`; print "OUT=$out\n";

When run, it produces the following output:

$ perl test.pl
       8 [main] perl 3692 child_copy: loaded dll data write copy failed, 0x57573000..0x575733E0, done 0, windows pid 23
20, Win32 error 487

If you comment out the module, the backtick `ls` and print run fine.
If you comment out the backtick line, the module loads fine. But
together, I see the problem.

I have already attempted to run rebaseall and perlrebase (multiple
times in fact), but these do not correct the problem. When I roll back
to release 1.7.10-1, (with *NO* other changes), the problem goes away.

Did you also rebase the DLL providing Data::Dump::Streamer? I'm not fluent in perl so I don't know how to get this DLL. The above is definitely a collision problem, but it may be persistent for you because the self-built(?) DLL is never taken into account when rebasing.

When I run (rebaseall -v) it confirms that the rebaseall successfully finds all the perl module DLL's. Those will be for modules that include C code which is locally compiled.

Scott

/usr/bin/rebaseall looks only on all dll's installed by setup.

/usr/bin/perlrebase looks for all installed perl module

for all other needs create your additional list and use the
"rebaseall -T" option

Marco