Re: 1.7.10 cygrunsrv.exe fails with "fork: 11, Resource temporarily unavailable"

Thanks, Corinna, for asking if sshd was called with the -D option. This was the point, although I do not really know why -D was missing (I used ssh-host-config).

This is was came out before (sshd in fact was running):

$ cygrunsrv -Q sshd
Service             : sshd
Display name        : CYGWIN sshd
Current State       : Stopped
Command             : /usr/sbin/sshd

Then I removed the service:

$ sc delete sshd
[SC] DeleteService SUCCESS

Then I rerun the installation script (only selected the service re-install, of course using the cyg_server account for Win2k3):

$ ssh-host-config
*** Info: Host configuration finished. Have fun!
$ cygrunsrv -S sshd
$ cygrunsrv -Q sshd
Service             : sshd
Display name        : CYGWIN sshd
Current State       : Running
Controls Accepted   : Stop
Command             : /usr/sbin/sshd -D

I guess, when I was installing the service before, I may have changed something in the Properties menu of the CYGWIN sshd service, perhaps I tested something under the SYSTEM account and then have reverted to the cyg_server account, so by this action finally the -D may got lost for the call of sshd. BTW, I do not actually understand the meaning of -D (When this option is specified, sshd will not detach and does not become a daemon. This allows easy monitoring of sshd.)

Thank you again - Ulf-Dietrich