Re: ~100KB usleep() memory leak

On Mar 20 00:15, Konstantin Ivlev wrote:
Hi All,

I have noticed ~100KB usleep() memory leak then compile mine
application under Cygwin. On Mac OS X 10.7 Lion it works fine (no
leak).
I am using Cygwin 1.7.11 version.
so, each call of usleep() I can see in Task Manager or Process
Explorer about ~100KB of memory are leaked. it is not so problematic,
but if I am using thread pool (e.g. 16 threads) it will leak about
~1MB per seconds, and several minutes of running application are
enough to waste all available memory ~4GB.

it is easy to reproduce. compile the following really simple source code :

#include<unistd.h>

int main()
{
	for (;;)
	{
		usleep(10);
	}
}

Thanks for the report and the testcase. I just applied a patch to fix this memory leak. I'm about tu generate a developer snapshot for testing. Please try the today's snapshot from http://cygwin.com/snapshots/ as soon as it is available.

Thanks, Corinna

the new 20120319 snapshot seems to have collateral effect on dash+rebaseall

825 [waitproc] dash 3540! proc_waiter: error on read of child wait pipe 0x0,
Win32 error 6

Marco

Marco