Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: rebase-4.1.0-1

On Mar 27 09:35, Karl M wrote:

Can it at least complain about in-use files?

It does in the setup.log output. Other than that, it can't since it has no window to do output to.

But setup will still alert the user about running cygwin processes, true?

I wasn't aware that setup alerts the user about running cygwin processes.

I think there are two different things being discussed in this thread. On the one hand, setup alerts the user that certain DLLs are in use and can't be replaced. This, of course, hasn't changed.

On the other hand, the new _autorebase postinstall script (/etc/postinstall/autorebase.bat) will run rebaseall and will deal gracefully with DLLs that can't be rebased because they're in use.

I just tried it, and the list of DLLs that couldn't be rebased does indeed appear in setup.log.full. I also get a warning from setup.exe about the exit code of autorebase.bat, which some users might interpret as meaning that autorebase.bat failed. I wonder if you'd be better off suppressing this warning somehow.

Ken