Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: rebase-4.1.0-1

On Mar 27 14:01, Ken Brown wrote:

> >>It does in the setup.log output. Other than that, it can't since it
> >>has no window to do output to.
> >>

> >>But setup will still alert the user about running cygwin processes, true?
> >
> >I wasn't aware that setup alerts the user about running cygwin processes.
>
> I think there are two different things being discussed in this
> thread. On the one hand, setup alerts the user that certain DLLs are
> in use and can't be replaced.  This, of course, hasn't changed.
>
> On the other hand, the new _autorebase postinstall script
> (/etc/postinstall/autorebase.bat) will run rebaseall and will deal
> gracefully with DLLs that can't be rebased because they're in use.
>
> I just tried it, and the list of DLLs that couldn't be rebased does
> indeed appear in setup.log.full.  I also get a warning from
> setup.exe about the exit code of autorebase.bat, which some users
> might interpret as meaning that autorebase.bat failed.  I wonder if
> you'd be better off suppressing this warning somehow.

That's unexpected.  The fact that rebase prints the warnings doesn't
mean it returns with a non-0 exit code.
In fact, as far as I can see, the only reason to fail with a non-0 exit
code after printing the "The following DLLs couldn't be rebased"
messages would be if saving the database failed, which also means
you should see a message "failed to create temporary rebase database"
or "failed to write rebase database" in the log.  If such a message
is not printed, I don't understand where the non-0 exit code is
coming from.

Corinna

Red Hat