Re: /cygdrive/f/ missing when my script is executed by cron

On Mar 29 10:14, StÃphane Klein wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I try to configure rsync on MS Windows to execute a folder
> synchronization every day.
>
> I use this tools :
>
> * I've installed cygwin
> * I've use cygwin setup.exe to install rsync, openssh, cron
>
> Next, in cygwin terminal, I did :
>
> * I've created a ssh key and I've set it up on remote server
> * next, I've wrote a bash script which execute rsync. Note : my
> source data are in "f:" device, meaning it's in "/cygdrive/f/" path
> (from cygwin terminal)
> * I've tested my bash script, it works very well, all files are
> copied to remote host
> * I've used cron-config to configure cron service
> * I've append my bash script in cron configuration with crontab -e
> * My bash script is executed by cron, I see it with cronevents
>
> But, I've have an issue : when my bash script is executed by cron,
> it hasn't access to /cygdrive/f/, this device isn't mounted !

Remote shares are mounted on a per user-session basis.  Cron as a
service is not running in your desktop user-session.  If you want
to access remote shares in your cron session, you have to mount them
explicitely in your cron job.

Corinna

Red Hat