This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Test update: perl-5.14.2-1, please update your dependent packages
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at NexGo dot DE>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 14:24:42 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Test update: perl-5.14.2-1, please update your dependent packages
- References: <announce.CAHiT=DHDqoZZj=c9wiDpnAnK3pYQ5-Du_Bkd6_3+F7fYHEtPWg@mail.gmail.com>
Reini Urban <rurban <at> x-ray.at> writes:
> perl has been updated to 5.14.2-1 as test in the Experimental section.
> It looks pretty stable to me when I tested it in the last 2 weeks.
I've hit two interesting snags (perl_vendor is installed):
1) Some modules, when built with cpanminus fail at test, but the same module
built with cpan tests OK (File::Slurp being the most simple example I have right
2) If I install another module that uses LWP (HTTP::Status, for example), then I
also need to reinstall LWP. Otherwise I'm getting errors like these:
Attempt to reload LWP/Protocol/http.pm aborted.
Compilation failed in require at (eval 7) line 2.
Lastly, I'd much prefer if the vendor modules would be separate entities to
install, this would make it easier to keep proper dependencies among them. I
will re-build all these modules plus some 150 more with cygport anyway (provided
I don't hit a roadblock), so once that works I could send you the perl-*.cygport
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple