Re: Short gdb question.

Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Thu, May 03, 2012 at 10:21:07PM -0400, Reid Thompson wrote:
On 5/3/2012 7:47 PM, eric_justin_allan@cfl.rr.com wrote:
Is this the right place to suggest that gdb be upgraded for cygwin. If
not where could I suggest that? If this is an acceptable place then
can I add here that if you guys do upgrade gdb that I was hoping you
could make it a bit more detailed maybe make it to show a bit more
information about crashes. An example is that I m working with a
linked list and when the program crashes gdb prints out and only
prints out the words below this text. I am left clueless about the error.

0x7ffe0304 in ?? ()

Just...
download, configure, make, make install
http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gdb/

$ /opt/removethis/bin/gdb.exe --version
GNU gdb (GDB) 7.4
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-cygwin".
...and find out that the above behavior will not change in any way in the
new version of gdb.

Incidentally, I just resigned as the gdb maintainer for Windows.

Anyone else want to take on the mantle?

cgf

Alright if I download and compile it can I just mv gdb.exe into /bin and overwrite gdb.exe?