This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Please try latest snapshot (was Re: 1.7.13/1.7.14: Issue with command prompt not returning when forking process)
- From: Rob Burgers <rob dot burgers at ericsson dot com>
- To: "'cygwin at cygwin dot com'" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 00:04:54 +0200
- Subject: RE: Please try latest snapshot (was Re: 1.7.13/1.7.14: Issue with command prompt not returning when forking process)
- Authentication-results: mailgw7.ericsson.se x-tls.subject="/CN=esessmw0256"; auth=fail (cipher=AES128-SHA)
- References: <20120507152517.GA6779@ednor.casa.cgf.cx>
Thanks a lot for your concern and for the patch. Everything appeared to be okay at first glance when applying it to the test applications.
However there might be some regression issue still: When I used it against our application that originally triggered the issue I got error messages like this (component.sh is our script):
7 [main] bash 2384 fork: child -1 - forked process died unexpectedly, retry 0, exit code -1073741819, errno 11
component.sh: fork: retry: Resource temporarily unavailable
component.sh: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable
I need a bit more time to dig into the cause and to deliver a replicator for this.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple