Re: mkshortcut seems to not work correctly recently...

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 8:06 PM, John Refling wrote:

> It seems that mkshortcut is failing as of the last few weeks (when I did an
> upgrade to latest Cygwin). ÂUpgrade as of today shows the same problems. ÂI
> have scripts that use mkshortcut that have not changed in a long time, which
> worked before, and now do not.

This doesn't answer your question but gives you another method.  I
create shortcuts using a text file with a .url extension.  This is an
INI style file that looks similar to the following and creates an
internet shortcut but using a file.  This provides me a method to edit
the file with ViM if I need to.

<file name="foo.url">
[InternetShortcut]
URL=file:///c:/cygwin/bin/bar.exe