This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
installing rsh and rlogin servers - rshd and rlogind
- From: Marilo <narium85-mlscar at yahoo dot co dot uk>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 11:29:52 +0100 (BST)
- Subject: installing rsh and rlogin servers - rshd and rlogind
- Reply-to: narium85-mlscar at yahoo dot co dot uk
I know ssh is the recommended thing, it has encryption and public keys. But I would like to install and try rsh and the like nonetheless to see what it was like. I'm the only person on my LAN and it's just for my LAN.
I would like to use rsh and rlogin, and their respective servers
I can see the rsh and rlogin commands, but not their servers.
There is a package called rsh-server, but i've looked for the file rsh-server and not found it, and I see no packages mentioning rshd or rlogind or telnetd and I don't see those files on my system.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple