Re: installing rsh and rlogin servers - rshd and rlogind

On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 11:29:52AM +0100, Marilo wrote:

> I know ssh is the recommended thing, it has encryption and public keys.
> But I would like to install and try rsh and the like nonetheless to see
> what it was like. I'm the only person on my LAN and it's just for my LAN.
> I would like to use rsh and rlogin, and their respective servers
> I can see the rsh and rlogin commands, but not their servers.
> There is a package called rsh-server, but i've looked for the file rsh-server
> and not found it, and I see no packages mentioning rshd or rlogind or telnetd
> and I don't see those files on my system.

http://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-cat.cgi?file=rsh-server%2Frsh-server-0.17-1&grep=rshd
http://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-cat.cgi?file=rsh-server%2Frsh-server-0.17-1&grep=rlogind

and check the output of

$ cygcheck -l rsh-server

--
Primary key fingerprint: AD8F BDC0 5A2C FD5F A179  60E7 F79B AB04 5299 EC56