Re: RPC inconsistency

On 14.05.2012 9:41, Fedin Pavel wrote:
2. ti-rpc should come with more advanced port mapper (google told me it's named rpcbind). ti-rpc library can't work with old portmap.

After some more debugging...
1. In fact they should be interoperable. If UNIX socket fails, ti-rpc library tries backwards-compatible method (IP socket on localhost).
2. For some reason it tries IPv6 socket, and, of course, fails. It doesn't try IPv4 after this.
3. If i comment out IPv6 entries in /etc/netconfig, it will try IPv4 TCP socket. But for some weird reason it fails to connect() with EADDRINUSE error.
4. rpcbind is not part of ti-rpc library. I was confused by man file with this name.

I read about this problem, but i don't really understand this SO_REUSEADDR trick. So i decided not to modify the tirpc code, assuming it works, and it's some WinSock-specific glitch. Instead i quickly ported rpcbind (http://sourceforge.net/projects/rpcbind/), and the whole thing runs correctly now.

--
 Kind regards
 Pavel Fedin