This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
20120523: bug in fork/exec
- From: "Yaakov (Cygwin/X)" <yselkowitz at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 03:26:27 -0500
- Subject: 20120523: bug in fork/exec
With the 20120523 snapshot, if a process attempts to fork/exec another
program which depends on a DLL which is missing, the PID created by
* in taskmgr, the forked process is listed as an instance of the program
which called fork() (as usual);
* this PID ties up one CPU core (e.g. 25% CPU usage on a quad-core machine);
* in ps(1), the same PID is displayed as the program which was attempted
to be execed;
* /bin/kill does not work on this PID, even with -f.
This is on Win7 x64.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple