Re: Shell script loop runs out of memory

AZ 9901 <az9901 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Make an infinite loop with no fork, and look at the memory usage.
> Then, make an infinite loop with one fork and look at the memory
>
> I really hope a solution will be found one day

Argh!  And I really like CygWin, so I was hoping to learn that this is
resolvable.

(Of course I could start uninstalling BLODA programs, but it's a fairly
inconvenient solution.)

Maybe I'll just write a C program or Perl script to do the same thing.
A Perl script won't run into the same forking issue, will it?
(Assuming I use a Perl library to get the MD5 hash, rather than calling
out to execute md5sum?)

Thanks guys...