This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Shell script loop runs out of memory
- From: Jordan <uptownb0y at yahoo dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 22:53:01 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: Shell script loop runs out of memory
- References: <loom.20120531T193933firstname.lastname@example.org>
Jordan <uptownb0y <at> yahoo.com> writes:
> This works great for several hours, but then gives an "out
> of memory" error and actually brings Windows 7 to its knees.
> I can provide the exact memory error if
I reproduced it again. The error messages are as follows:
./myscript.sh: line 32: /usr/bin/cut: Cannot allocate memory
./myscript.sh: line 32: /usr/bin/md5sum: Cannot allocate memory
./myscript.sh: line 32: /usr/bin/grep: Cannot allocate memory
1 [main] sh 437152 fork: child -1 - CreateProcessW failed for
'C:\cygwin\bin\sh.exe', errno 12
./myscript.sh: fork: Cannot allocate memory
...and the script aborts at that point.
So, this totally confirms everyone's responses that the issue is related to
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple