Re: cygwin 1.7.15: svn disk I/O error

On 2012-06-14 15:55, Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 03:48:05PM -0400, Rolf Campbell wrote:

$ svn cleanup svn: E200030: disk I/O error, executing statement 'RELEASE s79'

Sometimes the errors happen, sometimes not. It seems to be about 50% of the time svn has this type of error now. I've tried running the exact same version of SVN (the command-line version shipped with TourtoiseSVN) on the exact same working copies and I don't have any errors.

I'm not running any anti-virus (I was, but I uninstalled it a couple of
days ago to make sure it wasn't causing this trouble).

Why would you think that a disk I/O error was either anti-virus or Cygwin related and not... a disk I/O error? Have you looked in your event logs for errors? cgf

I thought it might be anti-virus related because I read another message about someone having a similar problem and he thought it might be anti-virus related. But now I can't find where I was reading that message anymore.

Anyway, another reason is because I only experience this error when I use the cygwin version of SVN. Other versions do not run into any errors when accessing the exact same working copies.

I just checked my event logs and I don't see any system errors related to I/O. The only error today is about failing to start the PBADRV service.