Re: bad performance when opening many files on Win7

Corinna Vinschen writes:
> There's something fishy on your machine, and it's not Cygwin, afaics.
> I'd still blame some firewall/virus stuff.

Just to put some closure on this: after the latest bout of security
patches distributed by our IT the issue has vanished completely.  I
suspect that it had been a group policy that was installed to check for
some known vulnerability before it got fixed via one of the patches.
Unfortunately I've not been able to find out what that was.

Regards,
Achim.