Re: cygwin 1.7.15: svn disk I/O error

David Rothenberger writes:
>> I can't seem to get this working.  There are a few warnings, but nothing that
>> would explain such a massive fail.  Would you mind posting the ldd output for
>> your _Core.dll?
>
> % ldd /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10/i686-cygwin/auto/SVN/_Core/_Core.dll
>         ntdll.dll => /c/Windows/SysWOW64/ntdll.dll (0x772f0000)
[...]
>         cygsvn_diff-1-0.dll => /usr/bin/cygsvn_diff-1-0.dll (0x67df0000)
>         ??? => ??? (0x770000)

Hmm.  This is an installed version of the same library, not the one from
the build directory... note also that I build for Perl 5.14 in case that
makes a difference.  Looking at the addresses from my library I know
where cygwin1.dll is and it is already in a different place.  I could
look up all the other libraries in the rebase database to find what they
are.  I have no idea what the unresolved addresses above 0x70000000 are
and I see you also have one of these, so maybe this is normal.  Anyway,
I still don't know when and why ldd decides to show you "???" and if
that relates to the problem with DynaLoader.

Any way, I think those "???" are a red herring, I've built on my home
machine and there it works, even though I have those "???"  entries as
well (albeit in total much less lines, but this is a Win7/64 machine
vs. Win7/32bit at work and perl 5.10).

>> I was still missing a -devel package.  Once installed, the Apache modules build
>> and, more importantly link.
>
> Which -devel package was missing? cygport should have warned you
> about missing build dependencies.

I updated some other packages (libserf) as well, so I don't know which
one it was exactly, but I think it might have been openldap-devel.
Interestingly enough it was the linking step that failed, not the
compilation, so the header files must already have been present via some
other package.

Gnome-keyring requires pkg-config during the configure step, not
requested by the cygport file.

Ruby tests are still failing because it looks for the extension
libraries in a different directory than where they really are.

Regards,
Achim.