Re: running .bat file in cygwin

"Note, fork requires the cygwin1.dll file.  Are you prepared for that?"

thanks for your response.  What got me notice is the above comment?  Would
you please elaborate on that?  The only reason I would be going through this
becuase i am working on parallel processing on my thesis. Currently, in my
code i have used thread with mingw environment.  But in one part of the code
requires to use separate image for each function calls (thread function).
Unfortuanately, it is not working; it is taking the same image and
performing the calculation.

I have the theorotical konwledge on fork() from the OS classes.  Do i need
to install any additional module to use fork() in my code?  Any
documentation you may recomend prior to using cygwin with fork()?  Or you
think it will be better to install linux in my laptop instead of using
cygwin?