Re: cygport debug junk

> Debuginfo is not "junk".  Like most Linux binary distros, these files
> are automatically packed into a ${PN}-debuginfo package and excluded
> from other (sub)packages without further intervention by the maintainer.
>   Users can then install gdb and these debuginfo packages to debug
> software in place, without having to install BRs and rebuild packages.

One disadvantage of this is that it makes the 'list' command less useful.  I
used to be able to copy the output of 'cygport list' and paste it directly into
the README.Cygwin file, which is supposed to include a file listing of the
binary package.  Now I have to edit the output to remove the debug files.

If the intent of 'list' is to show the contents of the binary package, then I
suggest that it automatically remove the debug files from the listing.

Thanks,
Andrew.