Re: Maxima can't write to /dev/stdout

Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin <at> cygwin.com> writes:
> And here something goes wrong.  If I call `echo foo > /dev/stdout' in
> bash, the above normalize_posix_path calls already handle the path
> /proc/196/fd/1, not just /proc/196/fd as lisp does.

Thanks for having a look, that got me one step further.  Maxima uses a (captive)
clisp and the standalone clisp makes the same error:

[1]> (open "/dev/stdout")

*** - OPEN: File #P"/proc/3348/fd/" does not exist

So the same thing happens in clisp and it seems to affect only(?) symlinks
pointing to /proc, some other symlinks I tried that were pointing to /dev/tty as
a test have not had that problem.  Is it possible that clisp uses an API that
isn't aware of /proc somehow?

Regards,
Achim