RE: CygWin SVN should identify as CygWin

Jochen Wiedmann wrote:
>I didn't say, it behaves wrong. My point is that I need to know that I
>am using it, and not another svn, if all I know is "there's a svn binary
>in my path".

This isn't Subversion's responsibility; the problem is more general: how do you
tell if the version of awk, sed or vim are Cygwin ones or not (or ones compiled
containing a specific patch, or built on a particular day, or any other of a
myriad of different things that could make a difference to an executable's
behaviour)?

The general problem has a general solution: check your path and actually
determine which executable you're using. As marco pointed out, use `which` from
a Cygwin shell; from a Windows cmd shell the equivalent command is `where`:

    C:\>where svn
    C:\Program Files\CollabNet\Subversion Client\svn.exe
    C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin\svn.exe

PS: Please don't reply directly to me; I'm already on the mailing list and
don't need a second copy. The same goes for everyone else who's replying to
you, particularly if their Reply-To is the mailing list, unless they explicitly
request otherwise, per <http://cygwin.com/problems.html>.

I'm Cc'ing you explicitly as it's not clear you're signed up to this mailing
list and will receive emails sent solely to it.