Re: semi-automated installation and/or updates

Greetings, Tom Schutter!

>> if "%ERRORLEVEL%" EQU "0" goto :endif_check_admin
>>
>> should be EQL, not EQU. Keep in mind that this comparison WILL fail, if
>> extended mode is disabled.
>> Fail-proof syntax:
>> IF NOT ERRORLEVEL <number>

> Actually, EQU is correct.  From "if /?":
>   where compare-op may be one of:
>     EQU - equal

Mine says "EQL" ... So much for M$ consistency...

> I changed to the "if [not] errorlevel <number>" syntax to reduce the
> dependancies on extended mode.  Note that there are probably other
> places that depend upon extended mode.

I haven't noticed anything apparent.

>> References to _TEMPFILE MUST be quoted. You're referring to a filename,
>> which may contain spaces.

> You are correct.  I normally quote filenames when expanding them, I just
> missed that one.  Fixed.

>> You SHOULD NOT run rebaseall manually, unless you really need to do so.

> I added the call to rebaseall because of this post by Corinna:

>   http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2012-08/msg00320.html

> Installing more packages that are forgotten in the first run of
> setup.exe is what I (and I suspect others) do all the time.  I would
> love to get some feedback either way on this issue.

That's something that should be handled in setup.exe, IMO.
May be it's worth putting a clear note, that this is a workaround for existing
inconsistency? (With a reference you gave me here.)

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...