Re: Glitch-free texlive-collection-basic.sh and other uses of setup v.2.510.2.2

On 8/27/2012 3:17 PM, Ken Brown wrote:
On 8/23/2012 5:00 PM, Ken Brown wrote:
On 8/23/2012 10:29 AM, Fergus wrote:
On today's update of texlive-collection-basic I got the exit message
Package: texlive-collection-basic
     texlive-collection-basic.sh exit code 148

Please send /var/log/setup.log.full so I can see what the errors were. If it's too big, you can send it off list or just post it somewhere for me to download. And please attach your cygcheck output also.

Fergus,

I'm not sure why you didn't respond to my request for information, but I
just remembered our correspondence from last March, in which it turned
out that the postinstall script failure resulted from fontconfig problems:

Is this still the issue (in which case it has nothing to do with TeX
Live), or is it a different problem?

Thanks for sending me your setup.log.full. It looks like this is still the same fontconfig problem. The log is full of messages like the following:

/usr/share/texmf-dist/fonts/type1: failed to write cache

As I said in March, I think you need to start a new thread, probably on the cygwin-xfree list, and make a full report (including cygcheck output) about your problem running fc-cache. Until you solve that problem, every postinstall script that calls fc-cache is going to fail, and setup.exe will keep trying to rerun it at every install.

I'm sorry I can't help more, but I'm not a fontconfig expert, and I don't know why fc-cache is failing.

Ken