Re: limitations of TLS using GCC's __thread keyword and Cygwin

On 4 September 2012 23:51, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 04, 2012 at 10:50:09PM +0200, V??clav Zeman wrote:

>>> I suspect it's not a problem, but if I were you I'd write a simple
>>> test program to see. Unfortunately, TLS in general seems broken on my
>>> machine when I tried it, but that might be due to my home-brew gcc
>>> being configured wrong or something.
>>I would have done that already but I do not have any Windows XP machine
>>to try this on.
>
> I don't believe that __thread is implemented on Cygwin.
Adjust your beliefs. :) It is implemented and it works correct as far
as I can tell. It implements TLS using calls to __emutls* routines.
What I am unclear about is whether the implemention works around the
limitation mentioned in the MSDN link or not.

--
VZ