Re: Problem during C source code compilation

On Thu, Sep 06, 2012 at 12:40:07PM +0000, Fausto Arinos Barbuto wrote:
>Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please <at> cygwin.com> writes:
>

>> On Wed, Sep 05, 2012 at 07:49:57PM +0000, Fausto Arinos Barbuto wrote:
>> >Hello,
>> >
>> >I'm trying to compile a simple C source code but I'm getting the
>> >following error(s):
>> >
>> >$ gcc -o struct struct.c
>>
>> Start here: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
>
>Didn't help a whole lot, but thanks anyway.

I don't think you fully assimilated that page then.

>Peering into the mailing list I found out that someone had had a
>barely similar problem and was suggested to reinstall binutils.
>I did that and it didn't work.  I also tried the FAQ -- to no
>avail.

http://cygwin.com/faq-nochunks.html#faq.using.fixing-fork-failures

And, if that doesn't help go back to the problem reporting guidelines
paying specific attention to the bolded part about "cygcheck".

cgf