Re: gnome and hicolor exit code 127 for /usr/bin .vs. /bin

> do not hijack mail thread.
> Start a new one, please.

My appologies.  I had thought that changing the Subject line would start a new thread when I did a reply to the cygwin email
address.

> > I have been doing setup updates for a few weeks with the error as shown in the following paragraph.
> >
> > Package: Unknown package
> > 	gnome-icon-theme.sh exit code 127
> > 	hicolor-icon-theme.sh exit code 127
> >
>>> snip <<<
> Is not an issue. Cygwin automatically mount /bin on /usr/bin
>
>  From bash try
> $ ls /bin
> $ ls /usr/bin
>
> you will see the exact same list.
>
> About the 127 issue
>
> $ cd /etc/postinstall
> $ . ./gnome-icon-theme.sh
> gtk-update-icon-cache: Cache file created successfully.
>
> $ echo $?
> 0
>
> If it works, than you can
>
> $ mv gnome-icon-theme.sh gnome-icon-theme.sh.done

I do see the /bin and /usr/bin now (/usr/bin didn't show up for some reason previously.  I'll assume I fat fingered the dir
name.); however the setup installation still fails.  Whether or not I can manually execute a work around wasn't my point.  The
gnome-icon-theme.sh and hicolor-icon-theme.sh installation scripts don't work as written and this should be corrected.