Re: Problem with HTTPS in LWP module in Perl

BjÃrn Kautler writes:
> I'm having a problem with https requests to
> "https://www.geocaching.com"; in perl.

This has nothing to do with Cygwin, the same error happens on Linux:

$ perl -e 'use LWP::Simple;' -e '($r=get("https://www.geocaching.com";)) or print "$!\n$@\n";print "$r\n";'
Connection reset by peer
Can't connect to www.geocaching.com:443

LWP::Protocol::https::Socket: SSL connect attempt failed with unknown error error:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0) at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.16.0/LWP/Protocol/http.pm line 51.

The error message is slightly different than on Cygwin.  I haven't
looked further into this, but I wouldn't be surprised if the server
simply doesn't accept connections from LWP and some other user agents
that are typically used for crawlingâ

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Waldorf Blofeld: