Re: runing ./configure on gdb 7.5.50 sources

Thanks. I had a look into config.log. After the checking

configure:7623: checking for gnum4

there are the 3 sections ## Output variables. ##, ## File substitutions. ## and ## confdefs.h. ##. The last section ends as follows:

## ----------- ##
## confdefs.h. ##
## ----------- ##

/* confdefs.h */
#define PACKAGE_NAME ""
#define PACKAGE_TARNAME ""
#define PACKAGE_VERSION ""
#define PACKAGE_STRING ""
#define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT ""
#define PACKAGE_URL ""
#define LT_OBJDIR ".libs/"

configure: caught signal 2
configure: exit 1

which are the last lines of "config.log". I detected though an earlier error message in the following lines

configure:5706: gcc -c -g -O2 conftest.c >&5" :
conftest.c: In function 'main':
conftest.c:16:5: error: 'choke' undeclared (first use in this function)
conftest.c:16:5: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
conftest.c:16:11: error: expected ';' before 'me'
configure:5706: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h */
| #define PACKAGE_NAME ""
| #define PACKAGE_TARNAME ""
| #define PACKAGE_VERSION ""
| #define PACKAGE_STRING ""
| #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT ""
| #define PACKAGE_URL ""
| #define LT_OBJDIR ".libs/"
| /* end confdefs.h. */
| #include "ppl_c.h"
| int
| main ()
| {
|
| #if PPL_VERSION_MAJOR != 0 || PPL_VERSION_MINOR < 11
| choke me
| #endif
|
| ;
| return 0;
| }
configure:5710: result: no
configure:7008: checking for default BUILD_CONFIG

I did not find any other errors in config.log.

I searched for files "ppl_c.h", "conftest.c" and "confdefs.h" in C:\cygwin folder, and I could find "ppl_c.h", "confdefs.h" (the latter only when running ./configure and with the same content as in the output above), but I could not find any file named "conftest.c".

I am not sure if this is related (not much experience on installing in linux/unix/cygwin), but I have ppl and ppl-dev installed, version 0.10.2-1. According to "ppl_c.h" and my installation, it seems my major version of ppl is 0 and the minor version is 10. Can this be a problem for building gdb?

Jose