Re: select() not interrupted by signals

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 09:41:37AM +0100, Thomas Wolff wrote:
>I had previously reported "select() hanging after terminal killed"
>(http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2011-05/msg00418.html).
>It turns out that select() does not get interrupted by a SIGWINCH signal
>either (with likely the same cause).
>This raises problems with interactive programs that want to react to
>window size changes (like text editors).
>
>See attached updated test case; run the program, while select() is
>waiting (before 5 second timeout each), change window size and see no
>interrupt.

"No interrupt"?  I see a "HUP" but select() keeps going.  That was the
way I designed it but apparently that differs from the way Linux works.
select() is not restartable like read() or write().

That behavior should be fixed in the next snapshot.  If you are seeing
something different than this then that is not fixed.

cgf