Re: Intermittent failures with ctrl-c

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 01:51:11PM -0500, Tom Honermann wrote:
>Can you elaborate on what resources you are referring to?  I fail to
>see how the Cygwin binaries run via the .bat file could conflict with
>mintty (or the top level bash process) since the intervening cmd.exe
>execution would have blocked inheritance of Cygwin related resources,
>primarily since fork() isn't used to create these child processes.

Here is a very basic issue: If you are going to be submitting a bug
report you should be making things as simple and as clear as possible.
The fact that there are two cygwin DLLs in play here adds additional
confusion and complication.  If we now have to enter into a theoretical
discussion about what should be allowed, we have needlessly strayed from
the initial problem.

Given the number of historical problems we have had with mixing two
versions of Cygwin and given that our consistent guidance is to
only have one on your computer, there is no reason to get into a
discussion about what is allowed.  Just use one version.  You
can easily switch back and forth using windows tools.

cgf