Re: sqlite3-3.7.15.1-1 packages to test

On 11/02/13 20:14, Warren Young wrote:
On 2/6/2013 15:44, David Stacey wrote:
I've run four sets of tests, with sqlite3 3.7.13 and
3.7.15, both with and without Warren's patch. The bottom line is that
Subversion appears to function identically in all four cases, and there
was no significant difference in runtime performance (i.e. the time
taken to run the tests).

I'm inferring from "four tests" that this result is for the fsfs case only, and that bdb is still assumed to have a problem.

Correct. I never got the 'bdb' tests to complete. Personally, I put that down to a BerkleyDB problem rather than any issue with SQLite - I may be wrong though.

Since this report of yours on Jan 9, I've been meaning to try and set up the famous SQLite test suite on a Cygwin box and set it to grinding, to exonerate the new .15.1 builds. But if we think it now doesn't matter...

I only tested SQLite through Subversion, so the level of testing I have given SQLite is only that part that is exercised by Subversion. If you think that this tests a significant proportion of SQLite then it might not be worth getting the SQLite test suite to work under Cygwin. Conversely, if you think Subversion uses only a minority of the SQLite functionality then it is probably worth continuing your work on the test suite.

It depends on how much of SQLite you think is exercised by Subversion.

.15.2 is out, so do you want me to build a new set of packages for you to test and potentially GTG?

Ooo go on then - on the understanding that this is a one-off and I'm not running hours of tests for each SQLite release ;-) More seriously though, I can only test SQLite through Subversion, and I have no feel for how much of SQLite that would be testing. If you're happy with that then send me a URL.

Dave.