Re: Drag a file into emacs-w32 frame

On 3/4/2013 11:24 AM, Arthur Tu wrote:
Today when i tried to drag a file whose name containing chinese
characters into emacs, it failed to open.

Here is the brief review:

1. a file with a pure english file name to emacs-32 frame:

open successfully.

2. a file with chinese characters in its name to emacs-32 frame:

      error message: "dnd-open-local-file: Can not read
file:/cygdrive/c/Users/Arthur/Desktop/%20%20%20%20.txt".
     in fact, i tried several times with different name. the name was
always decoded as a punch of "20%", even though different chinese
characters were there.

3. the same file with chinese characters in its name to a emacs-nox frame(mintty):

     the file name was pasted into the buffer correctly. chinese
characters were shown correctly. the file wasn't open. (This is what's
expected to happen in terminal session.)

So my question was around the situation 2. How did the emacs-w32 handle the dragged file?

The code for handling the file name appears to be in src/w32fns.c. I don't know what the issues are in trying to make it work when the name contains Chinese characters. Daniel?

Ken